Navigation und Service der Hansestadt Greifswald

Springe direkt zu:

Motor Vehicle Registration

Change of registration of a vehicle

If you are moving to Germany with a vehicle registered to you abroad, you must register this vehicle with the relevant regulatory authority, at the town hall, Markt 15.

In addition to your identity document/passport, you will need:

  • foreign vehicle documents in the original,
  • foreign registration plates in the case of vehicles still registered or proof of deregistration abroad,
  • certificate of a valid general inspection (original),
  • Certificate of Conformity (COC) in the original, or a certificate according to § 21 of the Road Traffic Licensing Regulation (StVZO) or § 13 of the EC Whole Vehicle Type Approval Regulation (ECWVTA) for granting an individual permit,
  • electronic insurance confirmation,
  • SEPA direct debit mandate for direct debit of the vehicle tax,
  • for all vehicles from non-EU countries: proof of customs clearance.